Healthcare of the future will be based on secure and cross-sector networking and use of data. In addition, personal data from the secondary healthcare market, such as activity data collected by end-consumer devices, is becoming increasingly important. The goal of the "HEALTH-X dataLOFT" project is to place citizens at the center of the provision, use and control of their own health data within the framework of a citizen-centered health data space. The health data will be made accessible according to GAIA-X standards.
The healthcare sector is highly regulated and health data is considered to be worthy of special protection. Most of the data from the first and second health sectors are locked in proprietary systems, which make cross-organizational and patient-centered use of health data difficult. The data room to be established and services instantiated in use cases will enable individual-centric data use and develop innovative business models for the German and European healthcare industry.
The research focus of the Fraunhofer Institute for Software and Systems Engineering ISST lies in the development of technologies, processes and systems for building the data space and data-centric business solutions based on it. Fraunhofer ISST supports the development of the dataLOFT data space for the first and second health sector by developing and extending basic technologies as well as networking architecture layers.
In four use cases, the HEALTH-X dataLOFT project is developing a data space for the health domain and demonstrating opportunities that arise from the connection of health data from the primary and secondary health market. The data space forms the basis for the use cases, within which the project addresses socially highly relevant issues for strengthening the citizen:inside role, health prevention, healthy aging and clinical care.
- Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin (consortium management)
- Bundesdruckerei GmbH
- Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft (Fraunhofer Institute for Software and Systems Engineering ISST and Fraunhofer Institute for Digital Medicine MEVIS)
- Free University of Berlin
- Hasso Plattner Institute for Digital Engineering GmbH
- International Data Spaces e.V.
- IONOS SE
- Medisana Space Technologies GmbH
- OFFIS - Institute for Computer Science
- polypoly Enterprise GmbH
- Siemens Healthcare GmbH
- SVA System Distribution Alexander GmbH
- TMF - Technology and Methods Platform for Networked Medical Research e.V.
- Vilua Healthcare GmbH
- Sponsor: German Federal Ministry of Economics and Climate Protection BMWK
- Funding code: 68GX21001C
- Duration: 11/2021-10/2024