Our scope of services
Due to the availability of digital technologies in everyday life, many user groups have a large need for innovative human-technology interfaces – at home, at work and in public spaces. New operating and learning concepts link real objects with digital information, take multimodal personality profiles into account and expand the Internet of Things and services to the Internet of Emotions, which is individually tailored to individual users and user groups.
At Fraunhofer ISST we are working on solutions that enable efficient interaction between humans and intelligent technology. We design human-centered innovation processes and develop needs-based concepts for patients and service providers. It is not only the pandemic that has shown us that in the future we will want to experience closeness despite distance with human-technology interaction. We develop solutions that enable interaction over a distance, offer the opportunity to exchange experiences, mediate between generations and transmit emotions. Reliable, autonomous systems allow more personal freedom to be created. We are making robots more human-friendly and turning technology into constant companions by further developing body-like systems.
The range of services offered by Fraunhofer ISST includes feasibility studies, experimental investigations, the development of prototypes and the validation of technical concepts..
- Non-invasive recording methods such as electroencephalography (EEG)
- Continuous comparison of recorded activity patterns with predefined or learned reference patterns
- Rehabilitation medicine applications and biofeedback systems
- Enabling conscious influencing of one's own mood and thus helping to reduce stress or increase the ability to concentrate
- Mental State Monitoring
- Telepresence systems and object sharing
- Augmented reality for medical interventions
Gamification and serious gaming
- Playful therapy and rehabilitation exercises
- Improvement of (therapy) compliance through in-app solutions
- MightyU – therapy game solution for children and adolescents with infantile cerebral palsy
- Enlightened – Neurogame for mindfulness and concentration
- Health Reality Platform – mediation between experts from the health and creative industries
Figure 1: Health reality system graphic
Communication between people and technology is already firmly anchored in everyday life and the world of work, be it with the computer at work, the fitness bracelet for sports or the parking aid for the car. The so-called user interface, i.e. the part of a machine or device that people come into contact with, plays a central role.
Different industries such as IT, medical technology and mechanical engineering work together to develop new human-technology interaction solutions. This creates innovative solutions that support people in more and more areas of life - from the intelligent apartment to intelligent mobility and maintaining health through to assisted care.