Our scope of services
In the provision of data, both the producers and owners of data often find themselves exposed to the risk of losing control, thereby eliminating the strategic value of their data resources. This conflict of aims, which exists across industries, is addressed by International Data Spaces by making it possible for data providers to share data while maintaining data sovereignty.
Fraunhofer ISST develops technologies to ensure data sovereignty on the one hand and technologies to ensure standardized data exchange using the Dataspace Connector on the other. The Dataspace Connector is a software gateway to the International Data Spaces and thus allows participation in the corresponding data ecosystems. The technologies developed by Fraunhofer ISST are based on the “Reference Architecture Model” and the certification criteria from International Data Spaces e.V. and have been checked accordingly.
The International Data Spaces Standard and the technologies of Fraunhofer ISST support data sovereignty in various projects such as “GAIA-X”, the “Data Space Mobility” (DRM) and the “Data Competence Center Cities and Regions” (DKSR). In addition, the industrial concepts are transferred to everyday life by individuals so that citizens can also take part in the International Data Spaces in the future.
The range of services offered by Fraunhofer ISST includes application and concept development for the use of International Data Spaces, technical proof-of-concepts, support for implementation in productive use and joint open source development.
- IDS-ready tested connector for data exchange in the International Data Spaces
- Open source under Apache 2 license available with a community of various companies
- Support of data sovereignty
- To the Dataspace Connector
IDS configuration manager
- Configuration of the Dataspace Connector
- Orchestration of applications in Kubernetes environments
- Configuration of Apache Camel for the message exchange between the applications
- Design-time review of configurations and data sovereignty
- Open Source unter Apache 2 Lizenz
- Domain-specific programming language for developing data processing applications
- Integrated usage control mechanisms
- Implementation of the programming paradigm of policy-agnostic programming
- Expandable subsystems for use in different specialist domains
- Java framework for the specification of domain models with integrated usage control based on ECA rules
- Integrated script language with corresponding data types, activities and policies
- Remote server for the remote execution of activities as Docker Container or Web Archive (WAR)
- Integration in Apache Camel
- Type registry for domain models
- Open source under Apache 2 license
- Simplifies the development of an IDS connector
- Uniform sending and receiving of IDS messages
- Interface of the IDS connector to other IDS infrastructure components
- Supports the connection to: DAPS, Clearing House, AppStore, Broker, ParIS, VoCol and other connectors
- Supports several protocols for data transfer: HTTP Multipart and IDS-LDP
International data spaces contribute to solving demanding challenges in various industries. Whether in the automotive industry with regard to predictive maintenance or supply chains, the mobility of citizens in general, smart cities in particular, or data exchange in healthcare or the general integration of citizens in data ecosystems, in all these industries Fraunhofer ISST is using the technologies mentioned here.