Our scope of services
Due to the constantly increasing complexity of modern software solutions, efficient and structured acquisition of expertise by the scientists is indispensable. In the “Software engineering” area of expertise, expertise is developed and expanded in a targeted manner. This allows even complex and innovative software products to be developed in a pioneering manner with a focus on the transfer to the economy and industry.
At Fraunhofer ISST, digital innovations are implemented, among other things, through the use of the latest technologies and the conception and development of innovative and future-oriented software solutions. Software engineering is understood as a holistic process and includes requirements analysis, conception, implementation and ensuring high software quality standards. From deployment monoliths to microservices and highly scalable cloud-native applications, we use a wide variety of architecture approaches to implement our software solutions. In applied research, we also examine the integrative possible solutions of heterogeneous technologies for specific applications, for example, for the construction and integration of national infrastructures (telematics infrastructure). By participating in the International Data Spaces (IDS) or the Gaia-X initiative, we also participate in the development of international infrastructures and data spaces.
The services offered by Fraunhofer ISST include technical conception, developing system components, consulting services for the software development process such as reviewing of external software architectures or the conformity assessment of infrastructures in the medical field.
Technical conception and architecture development
- Development of technical concepts for specific applications
- Platform and software architecture development/system design
- Elaboration of standards and specifications
- Training in software architecture and methodical software development
Development of system components·
- Realization of prototypes as a feasibility study (like rapid prototyping)
- Integration of (IDS) interfaces and software components
- Conception and implementation of software infrastructures
- Research-based concept implementation
Consulting services in the software development process
- Technology consulting/Tec-Stack templates
- Architectural reviews
- Conformity assessment of infrastructures in the medical field
- Dataspace Connector (open source IDS connector)
- DIVA (Data Inventory and Valuation Approach)
- Nukleus/D° (Java framework for modeling domain models)
- ivy.connect (software suite for easy networking in a medical context)
Software engineering contributes to solving demanding challenges in various industries. Whether in the context of logistics, healthcare or data management, our software solutions and consulting services accompany you in your special application in your respective specialist domain.